Hamilton Park Tennis Club


Situated in beautiful Gregson Park in Hamilton, members, hirers and tennis students enjoy first class facilities within easy reach of inner Newcastle.

The two tennis courts at the complex are available for hire between 7:00am and 9:30pm every day of the week.

Coaching is available at the courts and is conducted by Danial Stredder, a Tennis Australia accredited coach.

Members play each week on Saturday and Tuesday mornings, and new members, both male and female, are always welcome.

Court hire


For court bookings either SMS or phone 0468 472 330.

The two courts both have a synthetic grass surface and can be hired separately or together.

There are two types of hire: permanent and casual with each type having its own hire rates.

The casual hire rates are:
Daytime (without lights): $12 per hour per court
With Lights: $17 per hour per court

Permanent hire rates, which are less than the above, apply when the courts are used at the same time every week for at least one month.

When hiring courts please keep in mind that the club is run by volunteers.

Coaching


Coaching is provided at Hamilton Park Tennis Club by Danial Stredder. Danial is a Tennis Australia accredited coach who specialises in all levels of coaching with a strong focus on underrepresented groups such as Disability, Indigenous and Girls in Sport.

Danial can be contacted via his mobile 0422 176 320 or by email dstredder1@gmail.com.

Click here to visit the Access Tennis Web Site.

Contact Us


Although the courts are located near the corner of Lindsay Street and Samdon Streets Hamilton, the club’s official address is:
104 - 116 Tudor Street, Hamilton NSW 2303

Court Bookings Phone: 0468 472 330

Club Secretary (Brian Wark) Phone: 0409 508 666

Number of Courts: 2
Court Surface: Synthetic Grass
Night Hire Available? Yes

History


Did you know that tennis has been played in Gregson Park since 1898?

Hamilton Park Tennis Club is the last remaining tennis club in Gregson Park which, at one time, was home to three tennis clubs.

The current club pavilion of Hamilton Park Tennis Club was officially opened in 1959 by the then president of Newcastle Tennis, Mr J Wright.

Flexibility with court hire is now taken for granted but it wasn't until 1975 that the club allowed its courts to be hired on Sunday mornings.

In 1995 new synthetic grass surfaces were laid on both courts. Those courts and the clubhouse were affected by flooding from the Pasha Bulker storm in 2007 with both courts being subsequently resurfaced in 2009.

Back to Top   ©Tennis Newcastle   Site powered by Cloudsilk™, the preferred content system of The Spider Group